Diabetes & ED | Causes | Remedies
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem among diabetic men. In fact, statistics reveal that ED affects almost 75 percent of men with diabetes. This means that almost 75 percent of diabetic men are likely to experience some type of erectile dysfunction in their lives. With age, the risk of ED grows for diabetic men, who tend to become impotent 10-15 years before those without diabetes.
Causes Of Diabetes & ED Men
Erectile dysfunction is the inability of some men to get a firm erectile necessary for positive sexual experiences. While ED can affect men at any age, those with diabetes are at a higher risk of becoming impotent. This might be due to several reasons, including:
- Long-term blood sugar imbalance
- Smoking(Smoking & Impotence Learn More)
- Muscle dysfunction
- Lifestyle habits
- Medications, including antidepressants
- Psychological factors, such as anger, frustration, depression (Depression & ED Learn More), guilt, and low self esteem (Libido Boosters – Food Part 1 Learn More)
In diabetes, long-term blood sugar imbalance can damage blood vessels (Blood Vessels Wiki Page) and nerves, affecting blood flow to the penis. As a result, you may still not be able to achieve or maintain an erection (Erectile Dysfunction Cause Learn More) even if you have normal amount of male hormones (Hormonal Imbalances In Men Learn More) and desire for sex. The combination of diabetes & ED causes impaired erection and can ruin your sex life (These Kill Your Sex Life Learn More). It is thus important to take steps to cope with the problem to make your partner happy in bed.
Diabetes & ED Remedies
Men with diabetes & ED should try to make good lifestyle choices.
Quit smoking: Tobacco use is linked to narrowed blood vessels, which is a dangerous sign for the heart as well as for achieving erection.
- Limit alcohol intake: Similar to smoking, drinking (Alcohol Binge Drinking Learn More) can cause constriction of blood vessels, which will worsen diabetes & ED.
- Get yourself moving: Exercise is great for health. It is true if you are suffering from diabetes & ED. Regular exercise can improve your mood while reducing stress levels. Better mood means less stress (Yoga Sexual Benefits For Your Life), which is good for blood flow in the body. See a psychotherapist if you remain stressed too often.
- Sleep well: If you remain fatigued, you are less likely to maintain erection for a long time. So get a good night’s sleep and get the spicy juices flowing within!
- Medication therapy: While it is crucial to make lifestyle adjustments when you are suffering from diabetes & ED further necessitates the need for maintaining a healthy life. There are numerous diabetes & ED remedies (ED Remedies Learn More) that can come to your rescue. Consulting a doctor immediately when you realize symptoms of erectile dysfunction. A urologist is the best person to suggest you a treatment for your problem. Remember, some medicines can interact adversely. So make sure your doctor is aware of all your problems.
The combination of diabetes & ED causes several problems. A few adjustments in lifestyle can go a long way in restoring your sex life. So are you ready? Contact Dr. Elist to learn more about Penile Enlargement Surgery, and how he can help improve your life