Insertion of Testicular Prosthesis or Testicle Implants
After a unilateral or bilateral testicular removal and/or for cosmetic purposes, Dr. Elist places testicle implants (artificial testis) in the scrotum of a patient. The aesthetic results can positively affect the psychological well-being and self-confidence of men who have had a testicular removal for different reasons (e.g., undescended testis, testicular cancer, etc.).
Furthermore, Dr. Elist offers unilateral or bilateral testicle implant placement for testicular and scrotal enhancement. The Silicone Testicular Implants consist of medical grade soft silicone material, and are designed to enhance the size of an existing testicle. The Silicone Testicular Implants serve to enhance the testicular size or to adjust the size of one testicle to the opposite site.
Typical patients for the Silicone Testicular Implants desire an overall aesthetic enhancement of their scrotum, suffer from asymmetrical testicular size, or have undergone an orchiectomy with prosthesis placement and asymmetrical results. (Testicular Enhancement)
- Procedure setting: Certified outpatient surgery center
- Anesthesia: General or sedation anesthesia
- Length of procedure: 45 – 60 minutes
- Length of stay: Home/hotel the same day, in office follow up the next day
- Discomfort: Varies; mild to moderate; controlled with prescription pain medications
- Anticipate: Swelling; possible bruising; possible pain for the first few weeks and possibly longer
- Final results: Immediate increase in testicular size after surgery
- Duration of results: Permanent
- Side Effects and Complications: The Silicone Testicular Enlargement Surgery is in general not associated with any serious side effects. Possible Side Effects and Complications may include:
- Inflammation and Swelling
- A detailed list of potential complications, risks, benefits, and alternatives, including no surgery, will be discussed in advance