Libido Boosters – Food (Part 1)
Dr. Elist: “Eat and get busy…”. Certain foods serve as natural aphrodisiacs and may improve your sexual desire and act as libido boosters. Do you feel like your sex drive just isn’t what it used to be? You aren’t alone — many people feel that way at some point in their lives. In some cases, a decrease in libido may be due to a medical issue. For many people, however, the situation may be remedied without resorting to medication.
- Avocado is a good source of Vitamin E required for the production of testosterone.
- Eggs are good sources for L-Arginine, which improves blood flow and erection quality.
- Egg yolks and whole eggs store significant amounts of protein and choline, and are widely used in cookery. Due to their protein content, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) categorizes eggs as Meats within the Food Guide Pyramid. Despite the nutritional value of eggs, there are some potential health issues arising from egg quality, storage, and individual allergies.
- Rich on water, water melons are good sources for L-Citruline which improves blood circulation and erection quality.
- Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus (Thunb.), family Cucurbitaceae) is a vine-like (scrambler and trailer) flowering plant originally from southern Africa. Its fruit, which is also called watermelon, is a special kind referred to by botanists as a pepo, a berry which has a thick rind (exocarp) and fleshy center (mesocarp and endocarp).
- Dark chocolate is rich on PEA (phenylethylamine) which releases endorphin and serotonin. These two substances work as “internal mood boosters.”
- “Dark chocolate”, also called ” “black chocolate”, is produced by adding fat and sugar to cocoa. It is chocolate with no or much less milk than milk chocolate. The U.S. has no official definition for dark chocolate but European rules specify a minimum of 35% cocoa solids. Dark chocolate can be eaten as is, or used in cooking, for which thicker, more expensive baking bars with higher cocoa percentages ranging from 70% to 99% are sold. Dark is synonymous with semisweet, and extra dark with bittersweet, although the ratio of cocoa butter to solids may vary.
- Chili peppers are rich on capsaicin- it stimulates nerves and heats up the body.