What is PC Muscle and How you can make it stronger?
PC Muscle, How You Can Make It Stronger?
The pubococcygeus muscle or PC muscle is a hammock-like muscle, found in both sexes, that stretches from the pubic bone to the coccyx (tail bone) forming the floor of the pelvic cavity and supporting the pelvic organs. This muscle is sometimes known as the pelvic floor muscle because it supports your bladder, bowel and, for women, the uterus as well. Both men and women have this muscle. This is the muscle that can shut off your urine flow. When you urinate and stop the flow of your urine, the pubococcygeal muscle is what you are working with when you stop your urine flow.
How to Find Your PC Muscle?
The best way to find your PC muscle is to stop your urine mid-flow. The muscles you felt flex, are the PC muscles. The next time you have to urinate, start to go and then stop. Feel the muscles in your vagina, bladder, or anus get tight and move up. These are the pelvic floor muscles. If you feel them tighten, you’ve done the exercise right.
- If stopping your urine flow is difficult.
- If you have poor posture, then you may have a weak PC muscle.
- If you have premature ejaculation(You don’t last more than 3 minutes before ejaculating).
- Urine leakage when you sneeze or cough.
- People who have fecal incontinence
How to Build An Stronger PC Muscle?
Strengthening your PC muscle with exercises known as Kegels, named after the developer, Dr. Arnold Kegel, benefits both women and men. Basically there are 3 levels of Kegels exercises depending on how long you have been doing Kegels workout:
- Pretend that you are urinating, then try to stop the flow with a fast muscle contraction. Try to keep your abdomen and thigh muscles relaxed and focus only on the Pelvic muscles. Hold it for 2-3 seconds, then release. Do it for 20 times a day, 3 times a week.
- After couple of weeks, you should feel comfortable doing the beginners Kegel workouts. Now try to upgrade it to 4-5 seconds holds instead of 2-3 seconds holds, and improve yourself to 50 daily reps. When you get there, you will know how to clench your penis and anus sphincter muscle separately or at the same time.
- Next step for the guys is to practice while having an erection! Then add some slight weight, like a towel on your penis, or you can create some resistance with your hand. You can be creative, hold your hand 2-3 inches above your erect penis and try to touch it with your penis and hold it there.
- Do your Kegel exercises while having sex with your partner, it is kind of fun if you both are open to it. The male gets an erection and penetrates the female then he flexes her PC muscles, and then she flexes!
- If you are a male, massage your penis till you get an erection, then massage till you are about to orgasm, then start contracting your muscles till your penis goes flaccid, then start over. It would be fun if your partner help you somehow with this workout! If you were not able to manage this exercise, then you need to practice beginners and intermediate ones.
- Like crossfit gyms you can mix and find a routine for yourself and keep practicing!
PLEASE NOTE! Don’t Overexercise.
Some people feel that they can speed up the progress by increasing the number of repetitions and the frequency of exercises. However, over-exercising can instead cause muscle fatigue and increase urine leakage.