Male Yeast Infection: Prevention & Cure
Yeast infections do not only affect females. Men are also at risk of them. Male yeast infections cause pain and discomfort in the genital area (Genital Hygiene | Maintenance). Prevention of their occurrence is ideal, therefore it is important to learn about their causes, symptoms, preventive measures and treatment options. Then you can detect them right away and take appropriate actions immediately.
Prevention of Male Yeast Infection
Male Yeast Infection Prevention & Cure
Avoid using antibiotics excessively – Note that these antibiotics may upset the natural and perfect balance of fungi and bacteria inside your body.
- Minimize your carbohydrate and sugar intake – Foods rich in sugar and carbohydrates contain yeast. Breads and beer must also be avoided since these contain too much yeast.
- Avoid using perfumed detergents or soaps with strong chemicals when washing your genitals. These products can destroy the natural balance of your skin’s flora, thereby causing yeast to multiply.
- Avoid tight clothing – Your clothes must be loose and made from natural fibers such as cotton.
- Trim your pubic hair – Keeping the pubic hair (Pubic Hair | Reasons For Having Pubic Hair) trimmed and short around your genitals can prevent yeast infection. Untrimmed and long pubic hair is the ideal breeding ground for yeast.
Possible Treatments & Prevention of Male Yeast Infection
- Prescription drugs – The most popular prescription drugs for a male yeast infection are Diflucan (Diflucan Wiki Page) and Nizoral. Just make sure to talk to your doctor before using a prescription to treat the condition, so you will know which one is the most effective and does not trigger harmful side effects.
- Oral medications and anti-fungals – These treatments can relieve yeast infection symptoms. It is best to combine oral anti-fungal medications with topical products to maximize their effects.
- Vinegar – If possible, use unprocessed and organic apple cider vinegar because it contains enzymes and anti-fungal properties that will combat the growth of yeast. You can mix one tablespoon of ACV, with one glass of water, and drink it every day to fight the infection.
- Garlic – This is rich in anti-fungal properties, making it an effective cure for yeast infections affecting males. You can add garlic cloves to your recipes, add it to tea or apply it topically.