Considering Penis Enlargement Surgery? Prerequisites and conditions to be a good candidate
Considering Penis Enlargement Surgery?
Prerequisites and conditions to be a good candidate for penis enlargement surgery:
Some men develop these negative feelings and suffer from poor genital body image after they are diagnosed with medical conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, or erectile dysfunction. The news that a man’s penis is no longer working the same way it used to work is not only devastating to hear, but it also can take a major toll on the individual’s psyche. The frustration and sadness can drive him to feel unattractive and broken.
Other men who have no functional problems with their penis may also be affected by a perception that his penis or testicles are too small (Micropenis Syndrome). These feelings typically begin during childhood, with young boys comparing the size of their penis to that of their father. This feeling of inadequacy grows stronger over time and, in many men, negatively affects and consumes their lives, and the lives of their friends and family.
Penis Enlargement As An Elective Procedure
Most penile enlargement surgeries and testicular enlargement surgeries are performed on an elective, cosmetic basis. Think of penis enlargement surgery the same as you would view breast augmentation. Some patients require the penis enlargement implant, and are deemed “medically necessary” but for most, it is a procedure to change their body for cosmetic reasons. Like breast augmentation, penile enlargement augmentation is not covered by health insurance, unless the patient has a condition that would deem the surgery medically necessary for approval.
Penis Enlargement Surgery Video
Reasons for Penis Enlargement Surgery
Silicone Penile and Testicular Implants for male sexual enhancement are typically used for three purposes:
- To treat the shortening after treatment of erectile dysfunction
- To treat cosmetic deficiencies such as congenital malformations(penile curvature or Peyronie’s disease) or in post cancer reconstruction
- Primary cosmetic girth and length enlargement at the same time
Penis Enlargement Surgery Prerequisites
There are generally six criteria that help establish whether you are prequalified as a candidate for penile enlargement surgery.
In no particular order, they are:
- Age. We do not perform penile enlargement surgery on patients under the age of 21 without any medical conditions. Any patients above the age of 50 years old will also need a complete physical exam and blood work clearance completed and sent to us before proceeding.
- Circumcision. Patients need to be circumcised (What is circumcision?) before penile enhancement surgery.
- Smoking. Patients need to be able to stop smoking tobacco 40 days prior to and after the date of surgery.
- Height and Weight. Patients with extreme obesity would need to lose a certain amount of weight and be cleared for surgery prior to their surgery date.
Any history of previous penile or genital surgery. If there is a history of previous surgeries, we would need to know what has been done and how long ago.
- Current Medications. This is to determine any medications which may contraindicate surgery such as blood thinning medications.
Feel Free to Contact Dr. Elist For More Information
Need more information? Need to know if you are eligible for penile enlargement surgery?
Need to consult with Dr. Elist? Or simply need to know how much it costs?
Just fill the form below and we will reach out to you in 24 hours!