6 Ways to Naturally Treat Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) – the inability to achieve or sustain an erection – is very common among males of all ages. Also referred to as impotence, it can be caused by illness, poor blood flow, alcohol intake, or other mental conditions. Periodic erectile dysfunction typically isn’t cause for concern and many men experience it at some point or another. However repeated trouble getting or maintaining an erection can cause stress, relationship and self-confidence issues, or be a symptom of a larger health issue.
Natural Treatments for ED
- Get moving. Exercise is good for you – and your ED. Even walking two miles a day can help not only reduce your risk of ED, but also reverse current issues. Men in good health with slimmer waistlines are less likely to have ED than those who are overweight.
- Acupuncture is becoming a popular procedure for many physical and mental ailments. Studies have found that it can help improve ED. During acupuncture, small needles are placed into the body to relieve stress and pain. The risks of acupuncture are relatively low.
- Give up your vices. Alcohol and tobacco both contribute to ED. Alcohol depresses the central nervous system and causes it to function less effectively. Similarly, smoking restricts blood flow to the penis.
- Herbal remedies such as red ginseng and pomegranate juice can improve blood flow or otherwise improve ED. It is recommended that you talk to your doctor before taking any supplements or making significant diet changes, particularly if you are on medication.
- Sleep well. Poor sleeping habits can contribute to ED, and it can be much harder to maintain an erection when you are tired. Sleep loss affects testosterone levels and sexual dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction can be a side effect of medications such as those for high blood pressure or depression. Talk to your doctor if you are noticing ED issues after beginning a new medication.
If natural treatments aren’t working, it may be time to consult a specialist. Dr. Elist diagnoses and successfully treats ED in both young men and adults. Please visit Penile Prosthesis for ED page to learn about Dr. Elist’s procedures and treatment methods.