Cinnamon | Super Food
Cinnamon | Super Food
Coming from trees grown in Asia, there are many types of cinnamon you can choose from, and this spice packs very few calories. A teaspoon of it is only 19 calories, and it includes many beneficial things for our bodies. In one study, it was found that an ointment of cinnamon and ginger could relieve arthritis pain (Arthritis Wiki Page), while another study found that it was good at removing symptoms from the flu. It can also work as a great mouthwash.
The Impact Cinnamon Has When You Are Healthy & Want To Stay Healthy
- Taking just half a teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol.
- It has been shown to help proliferate cancer cells (Bladder Cancer How to Manage or Prevent it).
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
It can prevent clotting of the blood.
- This can act as a natural food preservative by preventing bacterial growth and food spoilage.
- In unpasteurized juices, cinnamon fights E.coli (E.coli Wiki Page) bacteria.
- Cinnamon can stabilize the blood sugar (Sugar Consumption Effects) of the body. This is very helpful for anyone who is hoping to lose weight.
- Cinnamon is highly adept at fighting infections, and studies have found that it is effective against ulcer-causing H. pylori bacteria.
- Cinnamon contains much needed minerals and vitamins like fiber, calcium, iron and manganese.
- For anyone dealing with menstrual pain (Menstrual Cramps Learn More), it is very effective thanks to the natural ingredient of cinnamaldehyde, which helps to balance hormones.
- On that same note, it also helps to combat infertility (Sperm Mobility | Fertility | Pregnancy) in people.
- If you are battling Irritable Bowel Syndrome, cinnamon has shown that it reduces the uncomfortable feeling associated with the condition, especially bloating.
- In a study done by Dr. Bryan Raudenbush at Wheeling Jesuit University, it was found that cinnamon can help you feel more alert and reduce frustration. Another study found that those who take cinnamon improved their response times and their memory recall.
There is no doubt that cinnamon is a super-food, but it is recommended that you eat it on your food. Never try to eat an entire tablespoon of cinnamon at once. It can actually cause great pain due to how quickly it dries out your mouth and throat. Enjoy this tasty, aromatic spice in moderation for the greatest benefits.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]