A large majority of men secretly want to enhance the size of their penis, but may never disclose this to their partner or a physician. This can be a sensitive topic to discuss with anyone. When scouring the internet for “how to make your penis bigger”, you will come upon many options that seem somewhat dubious and controversial. How do you truly know what works and what is a gimmick?
This is a question that only a medical expert can explain. Unless medical facts back up the claims made by male enhancement products, it is right for you to be skeptical. Keep reading to find out more about your options when wanting to increase the size of your penis.
Does Size Really Matter?
This is a question mainly for discussion between a man and his partner. It is one that is openly discussed in a wide variety of platforms, among friends, and even sometimes makes it into Blockbuster films.
The size of a man’s penis has long been held as a symbol of masculinity, power, and virility. This societal level of expectation can cause some men to experience a significant level of anxiety, which may be “small penis anxiety”, or SPA. The fact is that men often feel their partner wants someone who is well endowed.
Studies show that men who are dissatisfied with their anatomy tend to have more problems with their sexual health and may have lower sexual self-esteem. A man may feel the size of his penis is inadequate, but his partner likely does not feel the same way. A 2014 study of 110 subjects found that men overestimated women’s preference when it comes to penis size. In this study, it showed that men think women prefer a man with a larger penis, but the study proved otherwise.
As far as the question of whether penis size matters or not, the short answer is that it all depends on you and your partner. If your penis size is something you feel very self-conscious about, and it is hindering your sex life and other activities, then it is time to explore your options.
Average Penis Size
Men often have anxiety about the size of their penis and whether or not it is satisfying their partner during intercourse. However, it is worth noting that studies have proven that men sometimes think their penis is too small even though it is within a normal range. Men who feel that the size of their penis is too small often have an exaggerated idea of what is normal when it comes to average penis size.
Check out the average penis size below:
- Average flaccid penis length is 2.8 to 3.9 inches
- Average flaccid girth is 3.5 to 3.9 inches
- Average erect length is 4.7 to 6.3 inches
- Average erect girth is 4.7 inches
It is important to note that the length of a flaccid penis is not a true indicator of how long it will be when erect. If the penis measures around 5.5 inches in length when erect, it is typically noted as a normal size penis. For a penis that measures less than 3.66 inches when erect, it may be due to a condition known as micropenis.
How Partners View Penis Size
Again, there is a lot of false advertisement that would have you believe that your partner is deeply affected by your penis size. Please remember that this is a tactic to help sell whatever enhancement product offered.
If you have a concern then you should openly discuss it with your partner. It’s important to understand your partner’s needs, desires, and expectations. This is what will really enhance your sexual relationship versus taking an enhancement product or trying alternative ways to change the size of your penis.
Don’t Believe the Hype
There are hundreds of products on the market that make claims when it comes to enhancing the size of your penis. Loads of money is spent by these manufacturers to use gimmicky advertising that can often seem rather deceiving. They go as far as including endorsements from “scientific” research, but you have to look closer at what is really being offered.
Most of these products make claims of safety and effectiveness, but they have typically not actually been proven. Marketers will heavily rely on testimonials, false data, and questionable before-and-after photographs.
Keep in mind that there is no FDA approval needed for dietary supplements, so these manufacturers do not actually have to prove the effectiveness or safety of the product to a regulatory body. Many of these products can cause harmful side effects.
Penis enlargement products tend to be ineffective and, in many cases, unsafe to use. Here are just some of the products you may discover when conducting your search on how to make your penis bigger:
- Pills and lotions – Most of these products will be designed with various vitamins, minerals, herbs, or hormones. Manufacturers will typically claim their formulated ingredients are designed to help promote penile enlargement. However, the reality is, none of these products have ever been proven to work and some may be harmful.
- Vacuum pumps – The pump will cause blood to be drawn into the penis, which will make it swell. These types of devices are sometimes used for men who have issues with erectile dysfunction. A vacuum pump may help the penis look larger, but it will only be temporary. It is also important to understand that if you use one too often, too long, or not as instructed, it could cause damage to the elastic tissue in the penis. This will cause a decrease in firmness when having an erection and other penile issues.
- Exercises – Jelqing is a hand-over-hand exercise to help move the blood from the base to the head of the penis. While it appears to be a safe method when compared to other alternatives, there is no scientific proof that it works. In fact, it could lead to scar formation, pain, and disfigurement.
- Stretching – Stretching will require a stretcher or extender device. These may also be referred to as a penile traction device. It will exert gentle tension. There have been a few studies that have reported some increase in length. However, there needs to be more rigorous testing to truly establish the safety and effectiveness of these devices.
Penuma Implant Surgery
Penile enlargement implants were first introduced in the early 2000s. As technology advanced, improvements and revisions were made. The Penuma implant is the first penile enhancement device that has been developed and cleared for the aesthetic enhancement of the penis. The implant was designed by a world-renowned urologist, and this surgery has successfully transformed men’s lives.
If you are looking for a permanent way to enlarge your penis that has a long track record of effectiveness, then the Penuma implant may be the answer for you if you are a candidate. This implant is designed to increase the size of the penis, as well as provide you with natural-feeling results. It has helped men achieve higher levels of self-confidence and self-esteem.
The Penuma implant can help address size issues caused by a variety of factors, including small penis syndrome, mild to moderately curved penis, buried penis, micropenis, some penile injuries caused by trauma or disease, and men who just want a larger size for aesthetic reasons.
Dr. Elist has helped thousands of men successfully enhance the size with the use of the Penuma implant. The surgery itself typically takes around 45 minutes. During your procedure, a small incision will be made right above the base of the penis. It provides a natural look and does not affect penile function.
Benefits of Penuma Implant
The benefits of Penuma go beyond enhancing your self-confidence. Other benefits include:
- Potential increases in penile girth and flaccid length. On average, we have observed increases of 1 to 2 inches.
- Progressive penis growth that increases over time.
- High success rate.
- High satisfaction rate.
- Soft, medical-grade silicone that mimics natural tissue – looks and feels natural.
- Customized to match your body.
- Natural-looking when erect or flaccid, functions normally.
Please note that individual results may vary. A full set of potential complications, risks, benefits, and alternatives, including no surgery, will be discussed in advance of any procedure.
The Bottom Line
Many men believe that improving the size will make them a better lover or more attractive. However, the chances are that your current penis size is within the normal range.
For those who have a smaller than average penis, this typically is not an issue for your partner. If you feel a penile enhancement could help improve your confidence, then fill out our online contact form and someone will reach out to you as soon as possible. Dr. Elist is an expert in Penuma Implant surgeries and can improve the way you look and feel about your penis.
The above discussion is for informational purposes only and should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with a physician before pursuing penis enlargement surgery.