Delayed Ejaculation Treatment
While some men have learned how to control their timing of having an orgasm and ejaculate, others last for a long time without intending to do so, a situation which is called delayed ejaculation. We all have heard about premature ejaculation, but did you know about delayed ejaculation?
What Is Delayed Ejaculation?
Delayed ejaculation – also known as ejaculatory incompetence; sex – delayed ejaculation; or retarded ejaculation- is a medical condition in which the man cannot ejaculate, either during intercourse or by manual stimulation with a partner, or it takes an extended period of sexual stimulation to reach sexual climax and ejaculate. Some men with delayed ejaculation are unable to ejaculate at all [see our previous post about anejaculation].
Delayed ejaculation may be a once in a lifetime, or a life long problem; while it is normal from time to time to ejaculate with some latency, men suffering from delayed ejaculation struggle with the problem every time when having sexual relations.
Delayed Ejaculation Treatment
The delayed ejaculation treatment is based on the cause:
- If you are taking any medication causing delayed ejaculation, stopping or switching these medication will be the first step of delayed ejaculation treatment.
- If you have never ejaculated through any form of stimulation a urologist will be able to determine if the problem has a physical cause.
- If you are able to ejaculate in a reasonable period of time by some form of stimulation, see a therapist who specializes in ejaculation problems, he would be able to advise you for your delayed ejaculation treatment.
- If you are in a relationship, therapy will include your partner. A series of exercises will be shown to you and your partner, and you may be asked to abstain from any form of sexual activity for a certain amount of time. Sometimes psychological counseling alone is able to find the problem which in this case might be a lack of sexual desire for the partner or some sort of relationship issues that should be solved as a first step for delayed ejaculation treatment.
- If none of the above is the problem or its solution, your doctor may consider to prescribe certain medication for you which are available for the delayed ejaculation treatment.
Outcomes for Delayed Ejaculation Treatment
While seeing your doctor for delayed ejaculation treatment, he will be able to show you all the causes that you may not have realized before; delayed ejaculation treatment success rate is about 70 – 80%.
How to Prevent Delayed Ejaculation
As usual, prevention is more effective and less time and energy consuming compared to delayed ejaculation treatment. Delayed ejaculation is preventable; being aware of the own body and having a healthy understanding of its biological functioning and a positive attitude towards your sexual relationships, combined with relaxation, and stress relief, topped with trust and sharing and discussing fears and anxiety is still the best way of prevention, not only for delayed ejaculation treatment, but for many other diseases as well.