Penis Deformities | Penis Anomalies
Penis deformities and anomalies may be caused by conditions associated with congenital abnormalities of the urethra or penis. Other conditions, such as penile trauma, penile cancer and corporal fibrosis, can also lead to penis deformities and anomalies. In cases of gender reassignment, as well as unsuccessful penile enlargement operations conducted by other physicians, cosmetic and functional deformities may occur.
Each condition warrants an individual assessment and treatment plan, which will be made upon a personal consultation with Dr. Elist.
Hidden or Concealed Penis Causes & Treatment
Microphallus (micropenis): normally formed, but abnormally short penis
- Penile torsion: counterclockwise left sided penile twisting
- Lateral penile curvature: one sided hypertrophy of fibrous tissue, penile torsion, Peyronie’s Disease
- Penoscrotal transposition: reversed penile and scrotal positions
- Webbed: web or fold of scrotal skin obscures the penoscrotal angle
Penis Deformities Causes:
- Penile agenesis (aphallia): congenital absence of the penis
- Penile duplication (diphallia)
- Suprapubic fat
- Megaprepuce: extensive foreskin, resulting in a buried penis within the prepuce
- Previous failed penile surgeries: penis reconstruction, penis augmentation
- Hypospadias / Epispadias: abnormal positioning of urethral opening
- Phimosis / Paraphimosis: tight foreskin
- Glans trauma
- Lesions on the penis: HPV, cancer, etc.
Need a Free Consultation?